Closed Doors

Come on, we all love opened doors - they fill our prayers all the time; the breakthroughs, the testimonies, the miracles, and all the good things. Bible has made it clear every good and perfect gift comes from God so we are not at fault that our prayer is a list of it.
 Very often we don't understand why after affirming the Holy words of God into our lives, things take a different turn- why didn't I get the job? Why am I still here when this could be my second year in Canada? God why did you allow the devil snatch all these from me. Indeed a great and effectual door has been opened but many are the adversaries - 1 Corinthians 16:9.
We in turn hold series of fastings and visit prayer houses in chain. God You asked us to commit our plans into Your hands and You would make it succeed, why do I feel like You have packed mine to the corner back and now You can't seem to find it because it has been glorified with dust? Did I do anything wrong? Didn't I seek forgiveness for my sins?  Or wait the sins of my ancestors are working against me?, or do I need to go take what belongs to me instead of complaining and asking questions? After all the kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violence taketh it by force - Matt 11:12.

I encountered a situation that I felt cheated- I felt an opened door was closing so I decided I have had enough and I got on a power trip, all charged up like a terminator, in fact I was a hybrid of Power Puff Girls and Power Rangers but I got slapped in the face by "it's not your place to fix it" and it's not even yours". Well the funny part that made me feel very silly was, I didn't ask God about going on this war but I heard Him say don't go, but like most of us do, I was convincing myself that God wants me to go out and get back what was "rightfully mine ". I am not saying God doesn't make us get up and stand for certain things- He sure does, but in those times, we would have to persevere, be resilient but we would never have to force our way to get. What am saying is, we should know when to stay aback and when to fight; we should discern between a "closed door" and "an opened door with adversaries".

Closed doors; I mean doors closed by God- is a blessing in disguise. Behind closed doors are the very things God is protecting us from. He has our best interest at heart. " I know the plans I have for you- plans of good not of evil, plans to give you a future and hope"-Jere 29:11.
He is protecting us from the heartbreaks, the mishaps, the tragedy, anything He doesn't want for us. Remember He knows the end from the beginning so He knows how everything is going to end up and He doesn't want a case of we crying to Him about the tragic happens behind the closed doors, instead of the praise and the glory He would receive if we had waited for the right door. Not every door is for you. The fact that it isn't boldly written "closed" doesn't mean we should go in. Wait for the go ahead from God  because maybe after 2 weeks of going in, its going to be "closed". Those who live their will in God's hands, trust everything He does and rejoice when He closes certain doors because they know that when one door closes another door would be opened.

Now don't go opening closed doors because of frustration, rebellion or the fact that you just can't come to terms with it been closed. The Israelites went through the same phase and am sure when we read our bibles we didn't understand why they wouldn't joyfully match out of oppression onto a land God has promised would be filled with milk and honey,  but till now we are suffering from the same syndrome.
When they were faced with a little trial, they became frustrated and wanted to go back to Egypt. You can imagine that; wanting to go back into slavery and settling for less when we refuse to let closed doors stay closed.
Our dilemma is why doors should be closed in the first place and that's because we don't know what's behind the closed doors.
When you pray to God to remove anything not sent from Him and He removes that boy friend/ girl friend , you start throwing temper tantrums. He/she would not have married you. It's far better for your parents to come visit you without a prospective husband than to come visit you in a psychiatric home. At your workplace, you complain about how your bosses make you indulge in thievery and forgery but can't seem to get out of it, so God gives you an escape by getting you fired then you start cursing Him. Which would you prefer?  To be fired for upholding your values or to be in jail for thievery.

When He shuts a door just thank Him and move away.
Dont go opening doors that God has shut, it always end badly, it's either the door would be  banged in your face (which is another escape,run) or it would be opened and you will come face to face with everything God has been wanting to protect you from. If you are fortunate enough you would come back but with one leg and a twisted elbow.(not literally). Those closed doors are for your own good. You might not understand at that moment but just watch how things would unfold and you would know that you are the apple of God's eye.
The other thing is be sure you are not the one who closed it. Very often, when God opens doors for us, we lock it up and throw the keys into the seas. How do we do that? It's through disobedience, rebellion and any bad attitude. It took the Israelites 40years a journey of 11days  because of disbelief and disobedient.
 God is working on a promotion for you at work and the next thing, the monies in the drawer starts shrinking and your purse starts bloating, whose fault if you get suspended? You are given an unusual breakthrough by being the first lady he is taking home to see his parents for marriage and you couldn't resist the urge to call your "partner in crime" to fill her in on how his mother worships you and how you are the only one to bring good fortune to their sad life. Well his mum hears you and now you have been invited to their son's wedding. Can you blame God?

It's very difficult to say "God, not what I want but your will" when actually we want the obvious. A Christian should in an honorable way with gladness be able to say "God has and is still protecting me from a whole lot than I thought/ think and the best I can do is trust him and not make all that go down the drain as wasted effort.
May God give us the wisdom to know when to fight and when to lay back and grace to deal with that choice.

🌞 Subscribe to this blog for upcoming articles
🌞 Leave your comment below and let's get interactive; iron sharpens iron
🌞 Follow my facebook page Hilda Akita's Blog- Learning with God for daily messages, related posts, pictures and videos .

Comments