It's A Different Storyline


After reading a life- changing faith- challenging book, I got up ready to practice what I had learnt but I got shot in the foot. At that moment, my first call of action was to question God. I had pre-programmed my mind for the results and when it didn't turn out that way I turned to my Papa and said "you know if it doesn't work out, I will come back to you, because I don't have anyone else/thing to turn to so why?" but in His usual teacher-instincts he spotted my weakness and had an answer for me. Was it what I wanted to hear?  No.  Was is soothing? At the moment No but it led me questioning my faith instead. Did I lose faith? No, I learnt what am about to share with you .


We are all running a different race. It might look like we are lined up in the tracks together ready for a 100 meters race, but that's not the case. We are all running for the crown but there are track events and field events. Mine might be javelin, yours could be 200 meters with hurdles and another, discus but at the end we all get a medal for our different disciplines. With these different events you don't expect to train equally. Yes you might all do some footwork but the difference will be in the details.

If you think it's going to happen for you the same way it did for some other person you are setting yourself up for a heart break. Many at times we are discouraged and disappointed because of people's testimonies.
"And just 3 months into working, I was given promotion with a huge salary raise and a car of my own", "I don't know how God did, but right after giving all my money for the fundraising, a gentleman walked to me and said, the Lord touched my heart to give you this money ", "and it was just as I dreamt, indeed God doesn't fail" meanwhile we have prayed up and thrown down every doubt but still not getting the expected results.
Yes God's going to do it for you, but it may not be right after your school, that promotion might not come in your 3 month of being with the company, like your friend Lucy testified.
Knowing what God's will says about a particular situation at a particular time is also key. Timing is the key word to note.
Abraham knew God will deliver on His promise by making him a father of nation. If he didn't have that faith in Him, he wouldn't have left his kindren for a country he knew not.


A, J and M are written differently, so is it for K,B and W. Your story is different and God is the scriptwriter not you. God's timing for us is different and it happens in different dispensation. You are going to give out all your money and not have what to eat for that day, a saviour would not come and give you a fat envelope of money. That doesn't mean God has given you up to the enemy to swallow you, He probably wants to know how long you can go without money or food and still trust him.

What people don't add to their testimonies are the past failures, how they got expelled from their previous jobs, how they went months without any well paid job, which led them to underground fasting and praying and building on their faith and patience. They only tell us the success story and we start beating ourselves and blaming God for "leaving us hanging" even when we trusted him without an iota of doubt. Don't let the devil talk you into thinking God has neglected you. Stop getting disappointed that things are not working as you expect them. Don't lose your faith because God didn't work in your appointed time. Don't put God on a time ticking bomb, let Him put you on a character scale instead.


If you ask me "how deep is your faith?" am going to tell you "I test it every day ". I look at Abraham, and I see what God is trying to do. For God to test Abraham's faith, He had to tell him to first leave his land and kindred to a place unknown. During the journey there were a series of lessons he taught him on the way. That's what God is interested in; building your character, not just showering you with gifts. We hail Abraham as the father of faith, but he didn't have a secured life even at age 75. He didn't have children at the same time with his other family members, but God formed in him, a character worth emulating.
It took me time to understand that,  things won't happen exactly and at the same time it did for others. If you understand it too, you would start trusting God differently. You won't throw temper tantrum when you don't get called together with your friend for that job even if you fasted together for it. If God is yet to open another door for you, praise Him in the hallway. Next time when God doesn't go by your timetable, check your life and find out what he's trying to work out. If could be your patience, your care and love, your faithfulness, your honesty, your pride, your trust. You are in talking terms with Him so asking Him would be the best.

Finally, keep this locked in 'God is going to come through for you, not like He did for Jane, Ruby or Max, but like He would for only you '. We are all running a different race, run in your lane and don't get distracted by someone's final lap.

Also, I recommend the life-changing faith-challenging book I mentioned earlier to you. "The Power of Persistent Prayers" by Cindy Jacobs. I will write a review on it so you can look forward to that too.

Stay blessed, stay prayed-up and keep out worry.


πŸ“ŒEXTRA
🌞 Subscribe to this blog for upcoming articles
🌞 Leave your comment below and let's get interactive; iron sharpens iron
🌞 Follow my facebook page Hilda Akita's Blog- Learning with God for daily messages, related posts, pictures and videos.

Comments

  1. Yes we all have have a different story line. May God help us to understand this better and we will always live in His will. Because if we are more satisfied in Him, He is glorified.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment